20 January 2010

Table Centerpieces

I got married a few weeks ago. On top of the invites, menus, name tags... and everything you have to do to prep the wedding itself, I also decided to do the table centerpieces and the bouquet, as I don't really like flowers.
I kind of had an idea of what I wanted (very, very rough idea though), and decided to take a punt. I quickly painted a few leaves, like this (in photoshop):

Then we printed them out on some nice card, cut them and I assembled them (without doing a test run, as we were out of time by then). They turned out like this :


And here is a picture of all six of them:


It was so much fun to do! And then we added some plastic animals (just for fun) that we spray-painted white. I also did the little candle holders thingies you can see around the centerpiece...
And then, the bouquet, which is not anything new, but great to do (and a damn good excuse to buy tons of buttons!):


Props go to Hubby-then-to-be for cutting 99% of the leaves, and all my family that came over from France and helped me out cut and paste and put buttons on wires as soon as they landed!
Photos by Stephen Langdon (except the one of all six centerpieces, I sent my cousin on a mission to snap all of them before the ceremony)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them! The most beautiful center pieces I've ever seen.

Big bouquets make me so sad (this is a weird thing I have). The day after out wedding we had all these bouquets in the apartment, I cried for an hour just looking at them.

I tried to keep my cute little wedding bouquet my mother gave me but the dried tiny roses were so morbid, it ended up in the trash a year later.

At least, you can keep yours forever!

Stephan Royer said...

What a great idea, well executed! I love it. The animals were a nice lil touch.

Sckraps said...

Really creative idea and execution! I found your blog through a comment left on Scott C's zombie post. I mean, the pirate/octo avatar hooked me in, and now I'm glad I came over here!

SHOo said...

Clairette > Hahaha! I love those little "weird things" that can happen! Thanks for liking the centerpieces too ;)

Stephan > Thanks! I wished we had had more time so I could have done the animals myself too...

Sckraps > Thanks for stopping by!!

Unknown said...

These are the most creative and wonderful centerpieces!!

SHOo said...

Woah!!! Thanks so much Alina!

yannick zanchetta said...

Félicitations tout d'abord et bravo pour cette magnifique réalisation...j'adore!!!

Julia Lundman said...

these are SO cool! I love the idea! I made some cut paper flowers for centerpieces a year ago, but they were not nearly as creative as this!

SHOo said...

Yannick > merci beaucoup! C'etait bien amusant a faire aussi! Depuis j'ai regulierement envie de refaire quelque chose de la sorte!

Julia > Thanks a bunch! You'ce got some reeeeaaaal cool stuff on your blog by the way!

KAVI said...

Genial les couleurs ce petit travail perso m'inspire énormément !